Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 week old cockatiel and everything was going perfectly fine until today. My dad can in my room and he checked on the baby and he found it upside down. He called me and I went to check on it and it’s wing was so red and it’s bleeding. My dad said that the mom was trying to flip him over , but I don’t think so. Maybe she was trying to kill him because I had carried him? I had carried him to clean the nest box and it wasn’t the first time. But after, I flipped the baby and took it out because I think the mom doesn’t want her anymore. I put it back in and now she’s no taking care of it. I don’t know what to do and I don’t have an incubator and they don’t sell them around here. The baby also looks like it’s breathing really hard.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Even though 2 weeks is a little early, IF the poor thing survives, YOU can start trying to hand feed and tame yourself. Does it have it's eyes open yet? I really don't think the mother was trying to kill it but you can either try to raise it on your own or put it back with the parents but keep a VERY CLOSE eye on parents and chick!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I’m not sure if the mama hen got jealous, but I put another one of my female cockatiels inside with the baby, but after, she started to take care of it and the baby opened both eyes today (it had only opened one eye before).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts