Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a month ago is when he passed. He had a respiratory infection... Only 8 months old. My baby boy is gone. I can't believe it. In 2 days, it's going to be officially a month without him. It's felt like years... I remember the first day I got him, he warmed up so quickly. He was sick all along, the very 8 months he lived was a good 8 months. I am a terrible owner. The sickness could have been treated earlier, but as the seasons changed he changed with them. When the leaves fell he fell too. Waking up the next day with his cage empty, I'd cry. I actually wanted to hear his chirps at 7 am, and watch him flutter to me if I left to throw out something. I miss him. My father promises to get me a cockatoo, but even a cockatoo won't replace my baby boy, Skittles.:grey tiel:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Awww...I am so sorry. It is hard to lose them. I know how you feel. Was this your first cockatiel? Yes, you should have gotten him to a vet as soon as you realized he was sick. Maybe they could have done something; it is hard to say. I would advise against a cockatoo, unless you have experience. They need a lot of attention. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss of Skittles.
Find peace in the great times you had together and the fact Skittles knew they were very loved by you.
Give yourself time.
Take care.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm so sorry about your loss of Skittles. It's heartbreaking that you lost your little boy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww...I am so sorry. It is hard to lose them. I know how you feel. Was this your first cockatiel? Yes, you should have gotten him to a vet as soon as you realized he was sick. Maybe they could have done something; it is hard to say. I would advise against a cockatoo, unless you have experience. They need a lot of attention. Hugs to you.
I am extremely experienced, having 2 birds in my past. But thank you so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts