Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... my boy has healthy legs and wings he can use very well, but quite often he decides to scream because he wants me to give him my arm so he can jump on it and be carried (for example when he wants to be with me).
I always end up yielding to His Majesty's will of course :). Is this bad? I think he is a bit spoiled. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
LOL...No I don't think it's bad. I say he loves you very much!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Coco does this. He makes this very particularly whine-y noise when he wants me. He's a bit of a special needs bird (can't fly very well) so he relies mostly on me to carry him around/rescue him from the top of the cage/pick him up off the floor etc, haha. It doesn't help that I can't resist him. :love:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's OK if he wants a bit of attention from his mum. :)
Human children sometimes also pretend to cry when they want attention.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yes, it's OK if he wants a bit of attention from his mum. :)
Human children sometimes also pretend to cry when they want attention.
My trick was to always pretend to be asleep when we arrived home, so that I would be carried into the house. Because of some of the lawn being between the driveway and the house, it was about a 30 ft walk into the house. Nothing taxing even as a toddler, but it was fun to be spoiled a bit. :D

It is fun to see the similarities between kids and fids. Joey quickly learned how to get me to spoil him, and takes advantage every chance he can. Who is going to say no to that little face? Certainly not me. :D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't say no either, and my boy knows. :) :love:
I have read in a respectable book on parrots that cockatoos have the intelligence of toddlers and even 4-year old children. I wonder how it is with cockatiels? I think they are incredibly intelligent for their size! The book also mentions they are very intelligent, but doesn't make any comparisons for cockatiels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts