Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are my babies that i hatched from egg's in a incubator, they are now 12 and 13 days old.

The mum and dad would only sit during the day, more the dad than mum. so i removed the eggs and popped them in the incubator, didn't think they would be any good and ended up with 3 out of 4 hatching

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
They're adorable!! I'm gonna hedge a guess and say you might have some pieds in there. What were the parents mutations?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mum is albino and the dad is lutino with a small patch of grey so i take it hes classed as a pied.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats matyb. you have healthy and beautiful chicks. i have a question, what is the easiest way to hand feed little babies?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I fed these every 2 hours day and night with kaytee formula and i used a teaspoon with the sides bent.

week one every 2 hours day and night

week two every 4 hours and they can go approx 8 hours during the night

week three every 5 hours and 8 hours during the night

roughly week 4 of them being hatched they will start to nibble on millet but will be wasted and you can reduce hand feeding to 3 times a day and by the end of that week they will eat as much a 15 ml per feeding

weaning 1 to 2 formula feeds a day until they are eating on their own

Forgot to say you have to gently massage their crop i normally do it a few times during feeding to get any air bubbles out the crop that the chick may have took in through gulping their food

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Gorgeous babies!! :love:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Oh my- they are absolutely precious! Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
so will all the babies be pied
Not necessarily...you could end up with some normal greys as well. If the dad isn't split to anything, then most will be pied or normal grey. Since the mom is the one that is whiteface lutino (there is no such thing as a true albino in tiels) then any boys will be split to lutino but you may not get any visuals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your lovely replies.

I did my witch bit with thread and a ring, its never let me down yet and have 1 boy and 2 girls.

The big pied one is a boy, the 2 girls, one looks like it will be grey, the other i am unsure of the colour at the moment.

To are 14 days and the other is 13 day, they seem to be doing good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts