Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
With my first clutch I let them in the shower when they were 8 weeks old...with their parents of course. I just did it then because I knew they were fully feathered.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
All mine were between 2 and 3 months old as well. They just seemed like they weren't babies anymore at that point. :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Two of mine are 5 months old now.. and the boy has love being misted for awhile now. The girl, she has only enjoyed it for maybe the last month. Before that.. she just looked like she was going to murder me and sat there like a drowned rat. lol I had to towel her off because she refused to preen after. I started out with only trying it once a week with them. See how she does. If she enjoys it.. then do it a couple times a week. :) Just make sure it isn't cold water, try good warm water.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Just one of those empty spray bottles you can pick up at a drug store/dollar store/department store. I turn the nozzle to a wide spray.. make sure it isn't on the more direct spray or you might scare/tick her off. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.