Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Wow thats great an empty veggie bowl, little piggies :p Iam still working on finding whole wheat bread crumbs. I found some no name ones but they did not say they were whole wheat.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I haven't made it yet..I'm still missing some stuff from layer one and some from two esspecially...and totally missing layer 5... I know you don't have to have all of them but I only have a few...:rolleyes: Parsley which they get daily and I always have, green peppers, cucumber, broccoli, shredded carrots...I have everything in layer 4, 6 and 7...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is what mine has: pak choy for 1, zucchini and baby corn for 2, broccoli for 3, pasta for 4, orange and apple for 5, and frozen mixed veggies for 6. That's it this week. You don't need to put heaps of stuff in if you don't have it. :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
OMG, I didn't see this thread...Bea you really do find some great things. I'll try it today and tell you how it goes.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I made the recipe this morning minus the bean mix and I am going to try it out with them today it was actually fun making it ...lol I will let you know how they like it and hopefully get some pic's :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
ok..I tried it this morning..and noane seems intrested..baby went and looked at it and left...maybe the budgies will go for it. I had my camera ready and everything-they ussually go right for their fresh food plate. I want to find that 7 bean soup mix thing and make them a 7 salad "smoothie"-Im sure they'll like it if its all blended or chopped together...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It took mine a couple of days to really look forward to getting their salad. Now they all run over, the budgies go looking for the orange and the tiels hunt out the frozen corn. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
They almost finished the whole plate I am happy to say it was a hit on the first try :D Ollie is the only one that didn't eat that much but the girls were crazy for it ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Tried it again today- no go....It's weird. They ussually love their veggies. I think it's because they are used to things separated. For instance, their parlsey gets hung in their cage, fruits are always on a different plate..I did their regular mix and they went right for it..

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Glad they didn't waste it :D Will you be making it again ?? :p
I will definitely be making it on a regular basis it was a huge hit with the girls :D they ate pretty much everything parsley green beans carrots grapes apples pasta frozen veggies its good to see them eating so many different things I was surprised they ate the pasta.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.