Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my walk tonight i came across this freshly fallen gum tree branch at the park! I broke all the leaves and twiggy bits off, decided it was still too big so took the car and our big branch cutters up to fetch it. Now to decide what to do with it.

The big fat one will go to the aviary birds, and i'll probably end up making 2-3 smaller perches with the big twisty one. If this were my house and not my parents i would be hanging the whole thing from the roof as a play tree! LOL!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
They are great branches, an play tree's. You are lucky to get such good tree branches :D Can't wait too see what you will do with them:p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
They look great Bea, your so lucky to have them so close by I would love to be able to find branches like that :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
That looks like a fun perch for all birds~!

·
Registered
472 Posts
those are really cool looking branches, l'm sure your birds will love them :cool:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wow that is a PERFECT branch! I wish we had good ones like those here I tell ya!

Hmm... maybe give the big one to the budgies in the aviary and the other to the tiels? Or inside budgies? I could see the outdoors LOVING that big branch! What a perfect shape/size ;)

Oh well, either way good hunting Bea :p

Kirby

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
You're so lucky you can just go out and pick stuff out! I really gotta look into finding some natural branches to hang around the cage. What I really want to do is drill some holes and hang up different perches throughout the house.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow that is a PERFECT branch! I wish we had good ones like those here I tell ya!

Hmm... maybe give the big one to the budgies in the aviary and the other to the tiels? Or inside budgies? I could see the outdoors LOVING that big branch! What a perfect shape/size ;)

Oh well, either way good hunting Bea :p

Kirby
I want the indoor ones to get the twisty one cause they're in need of some new, different shaped perches. The aviary birds already have a twisty branch, a rope perch, different size/shape dowel (in a rack type frame) and a few other natural branches.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh what a good idea!!!! At the moment, Dooby's play gym is sat on top of our printer. That would be a good idea to stick it on to wheels.....now....I wonder if my brother is doing anything tomorrow...hmmmmmm. lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts