Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought one but I'm confused. It doesn't say aviator harness on it and it seems different to the one in the instruction DVD. The buckle isn't powder coated metal it's plastic and the buckle also doesn't move freely around the birds midsection like the DVD said it would during flight. Is it fake? Or is this what they're like on smaller birds? I bought it at the shops not online so I thought it'd be ok. It's in the aviator harness package by the parrot university.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Ok so I bought one but I'm confused. It doesn't say aviator harness on it and it seems different to the one in the instruction DVD. The buckle isn't powder coated metal it's plastic and the buckle also doesn't move freely around the birds midsection like the DVD said it would during flight. Is it fake? Or is this what they're like on smaller birds? I bought it at the shops not online so I thought it'd be ok. It's in the aviator harness package by the parrot university.
That dosent sound right can you post a picture.My harnesses have a powder coated metal.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean unless I'm just stupid and don't know powder coated metal when I see it lol I hope it's not that because I emailed parrot university about it asking if it's a fake. Sorry bad pic. But also look at the metal classy things that attach it all together, do those look dodgy to you?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
See? I dunno if that's how they all look but it looks like it won't hold to me.
The harness does look a bit weird but thats probably because theres no writing.Do u know the parrot wizard Michael sahzin he told me the newer ones dont have writing or something.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope that's all it is. Does yours do that thing the guy on the DVD was talking about where the buckle moves around the birds body when it flies? Or is it like mine and the buckle is always at the front of the birds chest and can't move without undoing the harness?
And do you reckon the second photo looks normal? Is that how yours looks because it looks to me like it would break easy

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
It dosent look like the handle part is put on properly.Yes mine move around the whole body when flying I can also move it around myself.The harness does look like a copy im sure the parrot university will tell you if anything is wrong.Where did u order it from.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No ones replied but I only sent it today and I don't know what time it is over there. I have the receipt so if he says it's fake I can take it back and give them a piece of mind lol. I don't wanna take it back now though in case it is real.. But I'm doubting it. Be easier if I had a email from the guy who makes them saying its fake to show them though.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I have one exactly like yours tasheanne (except mine is red). I purchased it on eBay and it was the first search result for the Aviator Harness so I assumed since it was the most popular product it would be legit. I have doubts as to whether mine is legit as well. It came in the proper packaging with the DVD and all, but it doesn't look like a real Aviator Harness. It works fine though and I reckon it's still safe to use.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the metal part on the wrist loop the same on yours? Like dodgy looking? That's the part that I feel is unsafe, the rest looks safe enough just not anywhere near as good as it would be if it was legit

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yes, mine is exactly the same. And the buckle feels and looks like plastic, too. :(

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Mine looks exactly like yours, tasheanne, and I bought mine directly from the Parrot University's store on Amazon.com.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, he replied.

"Hello Natasha,

Thanks for checking. You do have an Aviator Harness. We removed the words from the belt a few years ago because the material we needed to use to apply the letters was white inside and did not look good when birds chewed on the material.

The metal slide is metal that has been powder coated. Unfortunately others use plastic so it is often thought to be plastic.

The belt is what rotates. The slide stays in the same place on the belt. You will not be able to see how this works until it is on something round like a bird.

Best regards,
Steve"

So that's good! I'm still worried about the metal clasp on wrist loop, I didn't ask Steve about that because I didn't think of it when I was writing the email to him. If I use it outside, which I'm not sure I will since I'm not 100% confident with it, I'll probably be knotting it about 50 times to make sure it doesn't come undone there..
At least we know our harness' aren't fakes!

***update: I emailed him back asking about the clasp on the wrist loop... I feel like I'm probably annoying him with all my questions but he's being super nice about it***

1 - 16 of 16 Posts