Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok because of the space in my brothers truck i was unable to go with him so i wrote down what he needed to ask nails were to long reason for the feathers was lack of proper diet he did get the blood work results from my friend and was told they had a vitamin shot the results were they were lacking in vitamin deficiency he said it may take 2 molts but the feathers will be back like new i wrote a letter telling how they were kept the food he fed them and no toys then i also put in the letter what i have been feeding them the cage size at home how many toys in fact i took pics of them on saturday and then lastnight and let my brother take the camera and show him before to now my brother told me if he had not seen the pics he would not of believed the cage size and there condition but he did say he has seen worse then he told my brother that i needed to be comended on what i have done so far the vet said he expects the tiels are somewhere like 3-5 years old with the pied the oldest so there home now i gave them some romain and yup gone allready

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I'm glad they've got a vitamin shot and should be on the way to a full recovery in your care! :D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my friend did the blood work and yes they weighed them they ar a little over weight but with this proper diet it should improve

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Thats good :D They are going to be getting some really nice new feathers aswell with all the good care you are giving them :)

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with these ones i wanted them checked out and my vet friend said bye law he had to report my friend so he is being charged but any one like that is no friend of mine

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hi all just to keep you all updated on the three tiels i rescued first the cinamon pearl who i named cinny does come out of the cage and stays ontop of the cage pretty good since i rescued them the beginning og the month the wf and cinnamon pearl are getting there crowns back as i can see the pin feathers atop of there heads they are no longer loosing any feathers infact the feathers look shinny i can,t see if the pied has pin feathers on her neck yet as she keeps it tucked in but the male don,t act like the normal male tiel no wolf whistle no bopping his head no tapping like the males do unless i go near the cage then he hisses at me but he is ok when i clean the cage or give them fresh food or veggies or some spray millet it will just take time for him to come around the blood work did come back nothing wrong except lack of vitamin so the shot my friend gave them was good the cinnamon pearl is 4 years old acording to the leg band the avian vet said the other 2 are the same age give or take a year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts