Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the Australian members...
Are any of you experiencing issues with your birds refusing to eat the new Australian made Roudybush Crumbles, or pellets??
We have had our Tiels on a primary diet of the USA made Roudybush,(50% pellets, 25% seed, 25% fresh veggies) and its always been totally consistent & our birds love it.
We have been trying in vain for over two weeks to get our birds to eat the new Aussie made product, they just wont touch it. One of our birds is really struggling because he ate it almost exclusively, apart from veggies & some seed, so he has dropped weight dramatically.
The new product is visibly different in colour, texture & odor...
The Assie company has told me they are working on trying to make it more like the original, despite it apparently being exactly the same ingredients...
From what I gather Australian boarder security wont let the USA made product in any more :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Apart from the obvious reasons that we won't let the USA product in.

Use your common sense when transitioning to anything new. Some birds do well with seed plus pellets and veggies, some transition well with only their new pellets to force them to eat it and get used to it. I got my bird to switch by movin his toys out of the cage, which seemed to make him keener to play with (and then eat) the new pellets, after which I moved his toys back in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts