Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is that August, my white capped pionus, is supposed to like veggies and fruit. The down side is that I think I've created a seed junkie. I offer two bowls - one for veggies and one for seed/pellets and August has over the weeks started ignoring his veggies for the seed bowl.

The good news is that he is eating the pellets in his seed mix. I feed Tropican lifetime formula to my cockatiels and the seed mix comes with pellets.

Pi owners: Any advice on what i could do do encourage a return fruits and veggies? And what pellets, if any, do you feed your fids? I feed Tropican to my cockatiels because it's the easiest stuff to find.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I can't honestly say we have any other Pionus owners except you. You might get more response on TalkParrots. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't honestly say we have any other Pionus owners except you. You might get more response on TalkParrots. Good luck!
Oh my! I better start learning stuff then in case new pi owners join the forum! And Thanks for the advice on checking out Talk Parrots! :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What if you removed the seeds from the cage, give fruits and veggies in the morning and maybe again at lunch or supper, have pellets available 24/7 and give the amount of seeds you want him to have as a treat or snack in the evenings??

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if you removed the seeds from the cage, give fruits and veggies in the morning and maybe again at lunch or supper, have pellets available 24/7 and give the amount of seeds you want him to have as a treat or snack in the evenings??
Sounds like a plan :D Thanks for your input!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts