Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Her Head Bowing For Scritches Isn’t Enough To Win Over Your Heart ...I Find This Yellow Patch Between Her Feet To Be The Cutest Thing Ever !! 🤣❤

I Call It Her Lemon Patch ...She Is A Pearl Pied But Would You Say She Is Split To Something Else ??? 🧐

If There Is Any Unusual Markings On Your Tiels’ ...Please Share !! 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
VERY beautiful bird you have there. My wife and I are looking to purchase one with very similar markings. We had a breeder friend send us pictures of a two week old baby That I for sure will get IF it turns out to be a male.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That's so unique! It kind of looks like an egg shape :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Well I’m Sure It’s A Very Cute Baby !!! 😁

I Hope It Turns Out To Be A Male So You Can Add To Your Flock 🙂

Vicki ! 😋

It Actually Does Look A Bit Like An Egg Shape 😂

When She Preens She Seems To Clean That Patch First Everytime 😂❤

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I have 3 males and 4 females, I think I have achieved about the right balance in my flock now lol. They are not all in the same cage though, I have two main cages.

More females than males seems to work better in my experience as when the males get hormonal they get competitive and tend to fight, sometimes I have to do some cockatiel juggling to sort out the drama lol. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 3 males and 4 females, I think I have achieved about the right balance in my flock now lol. They are not all in the same cage though, I have two main cages.

More females than males seems to work better in my experience as when the males get hormonal they get competitive and tend to fight, sometimes I have to do some cockatiel juggling to sort out the drama lol. :D
Hmmmmm Maybe I need to rethink my bird choice. I have three males and only one female. Pepper was our very first tiel. It was only later when we had her DNA tested we found out her sex. I think I would be happy with one more female but knowing the males will sing and whistle is hard to pass up. LOL!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Robert, you may also want to consider that male cockatiels with the pearl mutation lose their pearls after a couple of moults. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Robert, you may also want to consider that male cockatiels with the pearl mutation lose their pearls after a couple of moults. :)
Oh I already have. Kiwi ( a male ) was also a pearl. When we first got him, he looked so much like Pepper, we had to look close to tell them apart! Now that Kiwi has had two molts, he's a full blown Normal grey. Ziggy also being a pearl will probably look a lot like Kiwi!:grey tiel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.