Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I haven't posted in a while but I have been busy handfeeding and working. So I always pull my babies at about 3 weeks and handfeed. While 2 days ago my new pair had 1 chic die and I had to pull 1 baby and start handfeeding it. So there was one egg left. I saw pip marks yesterday and this afternoon nothing and the egg was changing colour so I helped it out. My first time doing this. Not sure I want to do that again. Anyway I do not have another pair to put these babies under and Mom and Dad have abanded them. The 1 baby is 2 days old and doing good. The new baby I just assisted. My question is how long do I wait tell I feed it? Should I wait or feed it right now?

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks srtiel that is very helpful. I'll give it a drop of water as the intestines are very dark.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I tried putting them back in but they wouldn't feed them so I just pulled them and have been handfeeding. So far they are doing good. But boy is it a lot of work. I do not want to do that again.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on your new little ones! :) Yes, hand feeding is a lot of work. Can't wait to see pics of the little ones and good luck with them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts