Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an assignment due next Friday which I started this morning. By midday, I was bored and decided to do all my errands, which included the supermarket for about $30 worth of stuff, and the pet store for a kilo of bird seed, because I'm almost out.

First stop was the pet store, because that is always more interesting. What would have been an in and out trip turned into 20 minutes of browsing bird accessories and cages. And four kilo's of cockatiel mix. FOUR. (**** those stupid specials. However, I resisted new shiny toys. I honestly think I get more enjoyment shopping for Pipers toys than she gets playing with them!

Then I went to the supermarket. I already have a fridge full of fresh veges, fruit and greens that are bird friendly, yet I came away with a massive bunch of parsley, and 500g of husked sunflower seeds. What is this. My total shop equalled a bajillion dollars, when I went in for $30.

Relieved my credit card was going to get a rest, I headed home. ONLY to spot a new pet shop opened up just down the road from me. So naturally I went in to have a look. While they didn't have any birds for me to gawk at, they DID have an extensive range of bird cages. I browsed for another 20 minutes before putting a $80 deposit on a $180 cage big enough for like 4 cockatiels. I feel this will lead to more problems during spring when there's babies galore for sale and I have more assignments due, because I want to extend my bird family.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN.
Luck Piper, she's spoilt rotten, while I'll have to live off rice and carrots for the next week.

Any one elses 'tiels get spoilt rotten at certain times???

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Haha! I'm exactly like this, too. Bird shopping is just soo much fun. :p

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Oh my goodness... Don't even get me going about this, LOL
I just purchased a brand new flight cage (after selling my old one, which was just fine by the way, and getting two individual ones for each of my fids :rolleyes:). Then today, went to Petland to "look" and got them a small sample bag of fruit pellets and eggfood. Resisted toys though. They eat like kings those two, I tell ya. I buy cocked beans just because I know they like them, I buy romaine lettuce just because they love it.
What is wrong with me?? LOL

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
OH SNAP. It's my fetish. I'll stay around my bird shop for literally an hour, just browsing and holding and playing with their birds. I'll look at the toys for inspiration on building my own, I'll look at the assortment of perch types and wonder if I could remodel the cage... yikes. It goes on. In fact, every present from my relatives relates to birds :lol: One Christmas, every present I got was bird related. Every. Single. One. Perches, toys, gift cards to my bird shop. Scored a great deal on that Christmas

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Me too! I could spend all day in a bird store. I just bought Kiwi a bunch of toys and things online after spending $50 just two weeks ago at our nearby safe bird store. They had a discount on online shipping and a 10% off, it made me buy way more than I should have. But I am so happy with what I got Kiwi. :clap:

I also buy Kiwi a lot of the organic veggies at the new whole food place that opened up. It's right near where I work so I can't resist. :blush:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm the same if I come across a pet shop I'm in there like a shot, all ways looking for new things for my babies.
I agree with CharVicki It's definitely contagious.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As a college student, I'm saving anywhere i can, so i try my hardest to not go the the bird store! :D

But every time Jub needs more food he always gets some kind of present along with it :p

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I self-banned myself from shops where there are birds on sale. Last year I saw Frank and he was so miserable there, I had to have him. Then after a few months I went to buy some food and there were FIVE cockatiels in a very sorry state. Not really! But they looked miserable to me. My partner had to grab me and pull me out of the store because I was already asking for a group discount... So now I can only go to the sad ones without birds lol
Still a lot of wallet damage is done in there, every single time :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts