Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not having much luck lately - the rescue centre we got the birds from gave us some beaphar bird wormer - I quarantined them both for a month before introducing them to tilly , my handreared girl. After about 6 weeks I took all 3 to my vets who suggested giving them one last dose of beaphar wormer AND my girl Tilly - to be on the safe side. So......did both rescue birds and when it came to my Tilly she chocked! Exact same amount, exact same way as both other birds but she coughed, sneezed, bubbled and shook her head for maybe 2 hours - the vets were closed and I panicked and took her into a steamy bathroom where she couched and bubbled lots - it calmed down and she has eaten quite a bit but will still occasionally splutter :( its been 3 hours.....

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
It's probably fine, but keep an eye on her for any signs of worsening respiratory distress. Most often this happens when a bird gets medication into their sinuses and it takes a while to work its way out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you......I've calmed down a bit now....
Definitely a lot lot better, will keep watching.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, will try that in the morning - she is sleeping now and seems tonnes better, still a bit raspy but no sneezing or chocking or bubbling.

·
Registered
878 Posts
No suggestions to add but I'm glad Tilly is doing better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts