Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I took my 3 year old male cockatiel to get his nails trimmed at the usual place. I was not able to be inside when it was done. She used a drumel and file and did file them shorter than usual but they looked alright to me. However, when he got home he was very sullen and melancholy. I have two other tiels, females and they were fine. He was sitting all puffed up and quiet which is not like him at all, he's a very active bird.. I gave him a little arnica and I was thrilled it really brought him around. I did one dose for 4 days and thought all was well. The I stopped it the day before yesterday, and yesterday he went downhill again to acting and looking ill. So I gave him another dose last night. So far in his system so acting alright so the vet would see him acting fine... but don't know what's going on and if I should continue the arnica or call the vet. Vet is far away and he is a high strung bird so was trying to avoid the stress.. but surely will take him if need be. Not sure if I should continue the arnica and reassess in a few days? Not sure what happened here..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts