Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this site and I hope I put question in a right thread.
This is a second clutch to this hen, first one she had didn't make it, all was infertile except the first egg which turned gray and she layed around 30 days on it and nothing happened. There are 5 eggs now, all of them were peachy color at the beginning but 3 turned gray. Don't know are they grey from inside or the shell is. Haven't candled them yet, didn't want to move the eggs. Expected hatch date from the first egg was 13th of july and then every other day 15th, 17th, 19th, 21th. Don't hear any peeping so far. Can anyone tell from picture about those eggs, are they OK or not?
Tnx all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnx for reply, I did. 2 are infertile, 2 have very strange gray mass inside, and 1 is maybe, but maybe OK. Soon is over, so I'll know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You can see blood vines even at last a few days of hatching. If you see gray mass, I assume the eggs are bad. How old are you cockatiels? Did you see they matting? Did they mate the correct way? I had a pair of cockatiels laying infertile eggs. The boy did not figure out how to mate, always mate the girl's wing....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can see blood vines even at last a few days of hatching. If you see gray mass, I assume the eggs are bad. How old are you cockatiels? Did you see they matting? Did they mate the correct way? I had a pair of cockatiels laying infertile eggs. The boy did not figure out how to mate, always mate the girl's wing....
He's 14 years, but looks like a boy, very healthy bird, so, prolly he's OK, she's 3 years and she's OK. They were mating for a full week at least 2 times a day before she layed first egg. And he knows how to do it, saw him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts