Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We have four adult cockatiels, three males and one female. All are kept in separate cages, in three rooms. The female has just laid her first three eggs but for two months before that I was concerned about excess water in her droppings. A vet check (CBC, gram stain) assured me she was healthy; she was certainly behaving appropriately.

So now we have the eggs and two of the other cockatiels have excess water in their droppings, one which concerns me and I'll certainly be having him checked shortly. Meanwhile, what are your thoughts? All the birds are acting well, eating, playing, maintaining weight, etc. All are regularly vet checked. No other concerns except this.

The two males with excess water share a small room and play together daily. The third male, showing no excess water and somewhat of an oddball anyway, has been displaying sexual behavior for several weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Do all the droppings have excess water? My tiel will have them first thing in the morning because he's excited to see me and when I get home from work for the same reason. They then return to normal though. Or any food changes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, all through the day. No changes in food, etc. Actually, some weeks ago I was experimenting with different pellet brands but just for a week or so and returned to the usual brand (I had had a difficult time obtaining it). Really, nothing to explain this problem. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts