Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, thank you!I've been wondering about it for a while, but whenever I'd pull out the camera, he would always stop.
He can be quite the brat though. Budgie was trying to sleep earlier, and he stood perpendicular to her so that his head was about 2 cm above her back and started singing and wouldn't stop. He runs away whenever she tries to preen him after a bath, but apparently he's suddenly her best friend when it's bedtime.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
He REEEAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY likes those waffle cones :p

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
**Sings** I'm too sexy for these waffle cones....

LOL...Very cute!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Very cute! Especially loved how the blue budgie started puffing up like he was about to explode. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
So cute! My Niko does the same thing when he sings to our feet, our kid's character blankets, the dog's yellow monkey toy, or when we call him 'lover boy'. I never knew it was called heart wings, even though that's what we call it.

Leigh Ann

Niko - 8 yr old male, adopted 3/12

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, definitely heart wings, congrats! But even if he wasn't doing that, it's pretty obvious he's male by how well he whistles. Yes, some females whistle, but for the most part, if your tiel whistles well like that, and often, it's a good bet he's male ;) But the heart wings confirm it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I started trying to teach him to whistle as soon as I got my cockatiel research done with. Thankfully, he picked up pretty fast, and every time I try to teach him to say something, he learns it as a new "come here" command. Earlier today I walked into the bedroom to see my sister playing with him. As soon as he saw me, he started walking across the bed, but my sister picked him up. All I had to do was say "Shiraarat, come on.", and he flew out of her hands and over to me :).
I think it may have to do with one of the cockatiels at the bird store we bought him from. It knew a variety of whistles, and sounded very human. I spent five minutes trying to figure out where the store attendant who was whistling was hiding, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts