Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
My cockatiels Cloudy and Lemonade mated about 3 or 4 weeks ago and we now have 5 eggs in the nest box. This is their first clutch. They are taking turns in incubating and everything seems to be going smoothly. There is always at least one parent sat on the eggs. I rarely get to actually see the eggs, but I managed to take a quick photo of the five that I have (so far) before Cloudy raced back inside. I think they look fairly white, but a part of me sees pink, and I can’t actually tell whether they’re fertile. I sometimes even think that they look clear, but I don’t know if I’m just being skeptical hahaha. It would be an impossible task to candle them, as the eggs are never alone in there. I know that it is rare to successfully hatch eggs in the first clutch, and I wouldn’t be disappointed if none of them hatched - it may just be a trial run. Can anyone help me out? Thanks so much :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
If they mate in the right way, the eggs usually are fertile. Let's just wait and see. Make sure environment humidity is around 40% to ensure good hatching rate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there - thank you so much for your advice. I have been monitoring them and the environment. Hoping for the best! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts