Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two cockatiels, and they sometimes rub their heads together do only partners do couples do that? I have a male, and one that i'm not sure, it has speckles on the back of its tail feathers, but also likes to imitate my male cockatiel when most people say female cockatiels can't sing. It's all very confusing.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Females can still sing, I have a female cinnamon at my parents who mimics what the boys sing :) If the tail is speckly and she is over a year old then its safe to say she's a girl, you could also try wing spot sexing too :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Females can still sing, I have a female cinnamon at my parents who mimics what the boys sing :) If the tail is speckly and she is over a year old then its safe to say she's a girl, you could also try wing spot sexing too :)
Ah, that's good to know, but do only couples rub heads? or is it just a cockatiel's way of showing affection?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If they are good friends then they'll probably preen each other, my boy and my mum's boy always preen each other :)

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Its not only a pair type thing...I have two boys that we got at around the same time and they were close in age and they preen each other all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts