Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
I have two budgies, and am considering getting a cockatiel. I obviously wouldn't keep them in the same cage, (until I can afford an actual aviary, that is) because I know that budgies can be bossy. I work during the day, though, so I would be worried about it getting lonely. So my question is, is the chatter of two neighbor budgies enough company for a tiel?

(or, fun with smilies, :yellow face 2: + :blue pied: + :tiel1: = :) ?)

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Honestly, I would think so. Birds also like to listen to the radio, so that could play softly in the background as well

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yup! They would be fine. As Lougirl said, a radio going is a good idea as well. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good to hear. I got my second budgie because I realized that even driving myself crazy by constantly playing bird song recordings wasn't enough company for my first boy, but I guess it makes a difference if the chatter is from birds that the tiel could have actual conversations with.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My tiel likes to flock call to my budgie as well as to me (though the budgie totally ignores her lol) :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I also think this wouldn't be a huge deal, just make sure to spend as much time with your cockatiel as you can. :) You'll have to post pictures when you get your 'tiel!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think that would be fine. My previous tiel had two budgies as company and they bonded well enough to be in the same cage. They would be sad if they weren't together :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts