Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum, what has brought me here was my cockatiel facing being put down (liver problems as per vet advice) due to me regretfully, not knowing the effects of a seed only diet.:( . His beak is long, he is always sleeping. Amazingly, some pellets I had bought previously that he once refused to eat, he is now eating. I wonder if this is due to him being hungry not being able to eat the seed, and so being desperate for food. Suddenly however, he is back playing a little and has slightly more energy. I am going to try milk thistle as well. Does anyone have any advice that I could try for a liver detox diet? anything is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum, what has brought me here was my cockatiel facing being put down (liver problems as per vet advice) due to me regretfully, not knowing the effects of a seed only diet.:( . His beak is long, he is always sleeping. Amazingly, some pellets I had bought previously that he once refused to eat, he is now eating. I wonder if this is due to him being hungry not being able to eat the seed, and so being desperate for food. Suddenly however, he is back playing a little and has slightly more energy. I am going to try milk thistle as well. Does anyone have any advice that I could try for a liver detox diet? anything is appreciated. thanks
Have you searched through the archives on this site? You will probably find what you need there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts