Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an ad on TV that starts out with some music, then a little while later, some whistling. Bennie always whistles when he hears that on TV (or any whistling). Yesterday the ad came on and he started whistling as soon as he heard the music. Do you think he recognized the music and knew the whistling would start?

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I think so. Whenever Beaker heard the Old Spice commercial come on, his crest would go up and he would listen intently until the whistle came on at the end

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
They do anticipate things.
I used to be in contact with someone on Skype who whistled to my boy, and every time I opened Skype my boy started to whistle!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anticipate the whistle

I think maybe Bennie's smarter than me, or at least more observant! I was wondering why he was whistling, then realized it was the commercial! He made the connection before I did!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
We're watching "The Bill", and have made it up to the end of the 90s. For those who haven't heard of it, it is a UK television show that ran from 1984 through 2010. When the ending theme tune comes on, Joey always gives one sharp, short shout on the 5th note of the music. Always the same shout, always the same note.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Very cool, guys! I should keep an eye out and see when my guys whistle when I'm on Youtube :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Newton makes connections like that. He prefers sound effects over words, and is really good with context. I go to put something in the microwave, he beeps. I pick up my work bag, he makes his "zipper" noise. It's fun watching them make connections like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts