Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i been verry busy doing the salvation army kettles anyways on my way home tonight i was talking to the bus driver and his cockatiel died it was 15 years old and they are selling the cage it is 24x24x30 includes stand and perches and toys and the food to they are only asking $50:00 canadian so i said sold they will deliver it the 26th i,m going to use this one for stretch as his is 18x18x27 mind you when i,m home he is always out of the cage and he is accting like a woodpecker when he is on the coffee table he pecks it like a woodpecker

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Yup, males do like to peck at everything. Make sure you properly disinfect all the toys and the cage. What can't be cleaned, throw out. I wouldn't use the food for example.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Sounds like a good deal :)
Sounds like a male for sure they like to beak bang everything thats "there's"...lol

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got the cage and all toys were garbage as covered with birdy doo doo the food that came with it was unopened

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
They could have atleast cleaned it before giving it to you...Why are the toys dirty anyway..well..whatever. Just toss them out and disinfect the cage. Make sure you rinse it good if you're going to use a bleach mix. I would suggest doing it once with a bit of bleach or soap and hot water and then giving it a vinegar rinse.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the tiel was like 15 years old so i think it was old age was told that is a good age for a tiel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts