Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

Can i help myself? No, i don't think so.

I was just contacted by a guy i met through a fish forum a while back, and he's moved from a house to a unit and is having to rehome his cockatiel, he was wondering if i knew someone who could help out. :p Looks like Bailee could be getting another girlfriend. She's 2 years old, lutino, hand tame, affectionate, etc. :D I was holding out on the cage filling 3rd tiel so i could eventually get my whiteface cinny pied, but hey, i'm a sucker for a tiel in need.

I will let you know when the guy emails me back, and if i'll end up getting her or not. :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
YAY! lol...(why am I not suprized:p) I hope you end up with her! Or she ends up with you- a wonderfull tiel mommy. Hey, look at it this way...you could still get that wf cinny..4 IS an even number...hint hint...let me know how it goes!

PS_ they have fish forums?!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And 4 would push my cage from pressing to over crowded. :p I decided that three is the absolute limit. Plus then i have 6 indoor birds which IS an even number. ;) I'm emailing the guy back and forth at the moment. I find it amusing that at the time i'm sorely tempted to get a third tiel, i get an email asking about rehoming one. ;)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to visit Birdie tomorrow after horse riding. Sounds like her owner will be happy for me to adopt her though. :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Lucky you, eh? I was lucky to get 1 tiel, let alone 3. But I would take her if I was on my own. Keep us updated, hope you get Birdie. :) (is that her name, right?)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll keep you updated. I've actually even got mums permission on this which is quite a miracle! :eek: I'm a little nervous that adding just one more will throw off the happy balance in my flock, but i suppose i felt exactly the same before adding a third indoor budgie too.

Laura - what's it like having three tiels? I'm hoping that this new one will be much like Cookie and not so clingy like Bailee. I've told Bailee he's going to have a new yellow girlfriend. It'll be hilarious if she decides she prefers budgies too. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Laura - what's it like having three tiels? I'm hoping that this new one will be much like Cookie and not so clingy like Bailee. I've told Bailee he's going to have a new yellow girlfriend. It'll be hilarious if she decides she prefers budgies too. :p
I am so excited for you Bea, your a sucker just like me...hehe Actually having 3 is not much different then two, I only say that because Minnie is a girl ...lol I think if Minnie would have ended up being a boy it would have been a different story Ollie and Bailee are very much alike being clingy were as the girls although affectionate they are not as needy they like to do there own thing.

Minnie has fit in quite nicely they all seem to get along but keep there distance if you know what I mean there is the odd squawk at each other but there have been no real fight's or blood shed Minnie is a little sweetheart and not as hissy as Georgie is and Minnie has really taken to Sparkle(budgie) more so then the others. I was a little worried about having two girl's and one boy but the girl's have also been really tolerant of each other there not really friends but there not ememies either so it has worked out well.

The only problem I have had with the 3 is over food dishes they like to hang out and all go in the bigger cage together but there always pushing each other away to get in the food dishes so I added some more and it seems to have helped to put different one's in various places throughout the cage but they all still want that main food bowl...lol but there is no big fighting over it they just push each other out of the way and the loser moves off and wait's again for his or her turn :p

I recently let the three spend the night together :p as they were all in the same big cage and none wanted to leave I was a little leary about leaving them in but they did great not a fight all night there are many perches and they all picked a spot and did really well together I was really pleased that they got along so well, I gave them there space and let them pick when the time was right and I didn't force them to be together so I think that helped.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ever since I got my budgies and started frequenting forums, I've heard many people referring to "betcha can't have just one" as the motto for, well, bird-keeping. It's so true on all accounts. :p

Every time I go to the pet store (especially a couple weeks when I came across a nice big lot of tame cockatiels that pretty much everyone in the store was playing with), I complain to my boyfriend to let me get another, but we can't afford one right now. I'm trying to force myself to wait a year before getting a second tiel. I have room for a second budgie, however, and I have the perfect one in mind. I just have to find it. ;)

Anyways, congratulations if you do get her. Personally, I think three is a good number. The symbolic meaning for 'three' is harmony and completeness. Or something like that.

Can't wait to see many many pictures! :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once i'm certain i'm getting her i will post a couple of photos which the guy sent me. :) Her owner sounded pretty happy that i was willing to take her though, a weight off his mind.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Once i'm certain i'm getting her i will post a couple of photos which the guy sent me. :) Her owner sounded pretty happy that i was willing to take her though, a weight off his mind.
Can't wait to see her :D he must know she will be in good hands ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I hope you get her Bea...I agree with the saying "I bet you can't have just one"...I keep telling myself that 10 is enough...8 budgies and two tiels that is..but I guess you never know. When is all this suppose to happen? PS. I don't think your mom would have a problem-you take care of them just fine....just ask your dad if she does..hehe

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I asked dad and agreed to take the tiel before asking mum anyway, i probably would've snuck her in even if mum said no. :p She seems to be a really sweet tiel, shy of new people but so are my two! Her owner was so upset, i would hate to be in his position and have to make the decision to rehome my birds. I don't think i could do it. :( I'll be picking up the new girl next sunday morning. And now that i know for sure i'll be getting her, here's a photo:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
She is BEAUTIFUL! are you keeping the name? It looks like she's looking for nest spots already..hehe.. I also would hate to be in that position. I just couldn't.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
You know what you can do about that.... :p ;) It would seem that the normal/pied/ino combo is becoming quite popular.
The multiple tiel mutation syndrome..lol...now if you got that cinny too...well, you'd have a normal/pied/ino/cinny...got a nice ring to it

1 - 20 of 47 Posts