Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently set up my Buddha altar at home finally and I'm really proud of it. It is very simple but neat and tidy---3 small statues enclosed in an acrylic display case with 1 small painting on the wall above it and 2 vases of fresh flowers on both sides. :thumbu:

Last night, when I was changing the flower water so the flowers could be kept fresh for as long as possible, I noticed that the nice long leaves in one of the vases were all drooping off the side of the vase like they were dying, but the leaves in the other vase were still perfect. :confused: I thought that maybe for some reasons the leaves did not touch the water so they wilted or something but that was not the case. So I just left it as one of life's unsolved mysteries.

Tonight, when I was exercising in the livingroom, I saw Sunny going to the altar and quietly pulling the leaves down from the vase so she could chew on them. So I said "Bee!!!" (That's what I call her.) She responded back with a defensive "chirp!" And for a long time, we were back and forth like this with the "Bee!" "Chirp!" "Bee!" "Chirp!" "BEE STOP IT!!!" "CHIRP!!!" It's like you know how some kids think they are never wrong even when they are caught red-handed, and even when you tell them to stop, they come back with "WHAT???" and they keep doing what they are not supposed to do? That is Sunny. She always chirps back defensively when she is caught in the act but she would keep doing what she wants to do to show me "I am not doing ANYTHING wrong." :innocent:

I swear, if Sunny is not the most spoiled creature with a feather butt in the entire galaxy (not that there may be birds on other planets but you know what I mean) then I don't know what is. How come all those tiel instruction books don't tell you these things??? :blink:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Too funny! I love when they try so hard to protest innocence. Sort of like the little kid with crumbs on his/her chin insisting "I did NOT eat that cookie!" :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Haha it's funny when she talks back!

My Danna flies up to the door or the fridge and she whistles. I tell her to come back and she whistles again. They are so happy when they can do on their own

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
My guys do the same thing (talking back) when they're caught chewing my books :D

Just make sure those flowers aren't toxic to Sunny. If she's chewing on them she could get sick if they're not a safe plant, but you're probably aware of that already -- just thought I'd mention it. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Over here it's 'DON'T POOP ON MY PAINTING YOU LITTLE BRAT!' Most of the time my paintings are left unblessed by little bird 'gifts', but once in a blue moon....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts