Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this is normal: after her showers Darla holds her wings a bit low, not tucked away neatly the way they usually are, and her tail points straight down. Is this to balance herself since she's wet and it's throwing her off or is this abnormal? Once she's dry she acts normal again but I'm curious if this is something they all do?
My other girl doesn't get wet the way Darla does, she just happily sits in the water but doesn't fluff up, so I have nothing to compare it to.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yes, that's normal as far as I'm concerned. My 'tiels love to get soaked by a spray bottle and after their shower they always stand like you've described. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes Murray too - hanging the feathers out to dry I think! Murray is also very subdued, doesn't want to be bothered and might even take a nap.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey will stand there and chat with me, drip drying while I am wiping his cage down, then has a bit of a preen. After that he either sings or plays with his toys a bit before having a nap.

I always shower him in his cage, because it does the double duty of soaking the bars, making it easier to wipe off the dust and anything else on them.

J

·
0 Posts
My tiel also does same thing. It's so funny how happy tiels look while they bathe but they look so incredibly miserable and depressed afterwards. My tiel LOVES to bathe and jumps into my shower when he feels like he needs a bath (does this about once a week only), but he just sits with his eyes closed and looks like he's about to literally die after he's done bathing... but once he's dry he's back to normal. I usually try to speed up his after bath "misery" with the hair dryer set on medium heat.... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts