Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a necklace today, it was one with tiny, tiny beads on. I put Dooby back into her cage right away, so I know she hasn't picked any up. I've hoovered and picked up all of the beads, I think, but I can't be 100% sure. What I need to know is, IF Dooby should eat one of the beads (they are about the size of a millet seed) what could happen? Will it pass straight through her or what do you think could happen? Any signs I should be looking for?

I couldn't believe it, I picked it up and somehow the whole thing just broke in my hand and believe me, there were hundred of these beads on the necklace, you can imagine with them being so small. Luckily they were all black so they showed up well on the carpet and desk and like I said I think I've got them all. It's just in case she finds the odd one.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I've had that happen before many times, I'll sit on the floor in the general area of where it broke and run my hand over the carpet - that'll bring any lost beads up from the carpet that may have got shoved down into the fibers when vaccuming,

I'd keep an eye out and if you see Dooby picking at that area of the carpet more then normal, I'd remove her from the area and not let her there again, untill you can "investigate" more She may find ones that you nor the vaccume found

I'm not sure if it would pass through or not, with it bieng the size of millet you'd think it would

I know alot of vets don't seem to worry when Dogs eat coins they just say look in thier poo in a few days it should b there

But hopefully you and the vaccume got them all and Dooby won't ever find one :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I think it would just pass through. I doubt she ate one though. With beads and small objects they might pick it up and play, but don't usually try to swallow it.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
IF there are still some, Dooby would probably find it since tiel love to pick at anything. Like Bea said though, it's unlikely that it would be swallowed. Just keep a look out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts