Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The breeder that I bought Dooby from today, says that she never covers her birds up at night, she has birds in cages in her house. I always cover Boy up, he tells me when it's his bedtime, then he gets covered up until the morning. I don't know what to do for Dooby, if she's not used to being covered up, should I leave her uncovered? What do you think?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I guess its all a personal decision maybe because dooby is use to not having one on she might get scared if you try to put one on now if your going to put one on I would go slowly because she is probably already set in her routine with not having one on she might not take to it to kindly I would stick with what dooby is already use to. :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I covered Boy up as usual and then I covered Dooby up as well, leaving the front part open for a little while, then I just said night night and covered her up. No noise, so I guess, she's fine with that........she's so easy!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Glad she didn't cause any problems! :D You might want to look at getting a night light for her, tiels are a little - how can i put this nicely, urm - clueless and are known to have night frights. I've experienced a few and they are not nice, but since getting a night light i haven't had any troubles. Better to be safe, right? :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that sounds awful!! I've never heard of birds getting night frights, I can only imagine it involves them flying madly around the cage. I'll certainly look into a night light. So, because of that, would you say it would be better to leave maybe the front of her cage uncovered? We always leave a light on in passage and that would shine in here, where she lives.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Wow, that sounds awful!! I've never heard of birds getting night frights, I can only imagine it involves them flying madly around the cage. I'll certainly look into a night light. So, because of that, would you say it would be better to leave maybe the front of her cage uncovered? We always leave a light on in passage and that would shine in here, where she lives.
I leave the front of my tiels cage uncovered, and have tied a night light to the leg of their cage stand. If there's a light that would shine into the room she is in that would probably do as a night light. :D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i have to cover my one cage right now because my window faces a parking lot and when the car lights shine in the window it is a suddon bright light only one night fright

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
i have to cover my one cage right now because my window faces a parking lot and when the car lights shine in the window it is a suddon bright light only one night fright
Oooh, be careful with that!! Cookie's first night fright was from a car turning into our driveway and the lights flashing into my room. She was covered at the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts