Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start a thread here as I love to take photos so much :)

Here's Phoenix, the day I brought him home.

Already wanting scritches on the first day!

Helping me at my desk

Munching on his new plant

Broke all his tail feathers off :(

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
He's so adorable, I love his dirty face marks :D

·
Registered
769 Posts
HE IS SO ADORABLE!! I wish I had a cockatiel like that. My old cockatiel that died was named phoenix too.

·
Registered
873 Posts
He's a beauty!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phoenix went on a road trip with us this weekend. We decked out his travel cage and set him up in the back seat - the drive was 3.5ish hours each way and he did awesome! He even whistled for a bit on the way home. I didn't get any pics, but we had a lot of fun. He's happy to be home :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Halfway through a molt, looking a bit scruffy... but at least he has half a tail again :lol: Still don't know if he's a very light pied or split as he has not lost any of his tail barring or dirty face.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been told he isn't pied because he doesn't have any clear tail or flights... I guess everyone's definition differs. Not that his mutation matters to me :lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is such a clown. He learned a whole 2 phrases while he was younger, before he decided whistling was cooler - "Hi birdie" and "What ya doin'?". Before now, he never really mixed the two up, but the past few days have been nothing but "Hi doin! Birdoin? Hi birdie doin? What ya birdie? Birdie doin? Hi birdoin! Birdieeeeeeeeeeee hi birdie doin? Birdoin?" :lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like his messy face too :lol:

He's finally mostly done molting now, even though only 4 tail feathers came in properly... he is finally getting some flights back, so I hope he'll be able to fly within the next few weeks!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts