Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a plan to move to another country with my cockatiel, as I don't want to leave it behind or give it to others. As I know, countries such as New Zealand do not allow the birds imported to their countries. Is there any countries that allow the import with permit?

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
The international transportation of parrots is very heavily regulated because there are so many problems related to smuggling and many parrot species are endangered. The good news is that cockatiels are not an endangered species so it's probably easier to take them to another country than it is with many other parrots. But you will have to contact the country that you're planning to move to in order to find out what their rules are. There are some countries that allow it but there are a lot of rules and regulations that you have to comply with.

It's also a good idea to contact the country that you're leaving to make sure that they have no objections to taking a bird out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.