Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Abnormal Poop and Coughing

529 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  cockatiels4life 
#1 ·
Hello! My partner and I have recently gotten a cockatiel from Petco 3 weeks ago. She is 7 months old. She has more of an observer personality with a sassy attitude. We named her Lemon Hope. She was in an environment where she got little to no interaction with people and other birds. So we were glad to get her and put her in a loving home!

Ever since we had gotten her she's had yellow urate. I didn't think too much of it as it could be because of her seed diet she has, however; I've recently noticed that her poop has a greenish tint to it?? I'm not too sure. She has also been coughing/wheezing/sneezing a lot for the past few days and I'm starting to get concerned. Today she didn't eat from my hand this morning as it is a routine of ours, and she seems exhausted. I got an appointment scheduled for her a week from now as that is the soonest I've been able to find a place that'd take care of her. Is this a much more urgent case? Cuz i have this feeling i can't shake off, and i don't wanna brush it off until it's too late.

Wood Art Plant Rectangle Creative arts
Netbook Wood Rectangle Laptop Personal computer

See less See more
#3 ·
She died the next day. Bacteria was detected and is assumed to be why she passed. We tried to get her into the UGA vet hospital but they wouldn't take her until a week later. May she rest in peace.

Luckily, we've prevented from making the same mistake, we have 4 birds now and they've been happy and healthy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.