Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new cage

Hi all i diffinately thinking about getting a new cage I have the denver corner cage at the moment

http://www.24parrot.com/Denver-Corner-Cage-(Choice-of-2-Colours)-P97051a/

I was thinking of getting the exact same one for the other corner of the room on sunday im adopting another 5 tiels (dont ask i must be mad as ive agreed to take her conure aswell) do you think that both of these cages would be big enough for the 15 of them as i would rather have the 2big cages than the 3 smaller ones and a big one Buttons(the conure) has her own cage and i wont be putting her in with the others as im not sure if your able to put them together she does play with the cockatiels but she is used to her own space. I no i will definately need more water and food bowls as mine cant seem to share only when they want to all info would be great you can only ever find stuff on how much room you would need to house one tiel not 15 of them oh yeah i almost forgot there never shut in unless im out or ofcoarse bed time so they have free rain of the front room all day long its 17 ft by 14 ft

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I would think that the bar spacing on that cage is too big for a tiel. I heard that moderately thick wire at 5/8 -3/4 inch bar spacing is best. Personaly I would take the minimum requirements for one tiel and times it by 15 and than add a bit of extra wing room. Don't forget to have your new birds separate from your others for at least 30-60 days. Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts