Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sorry for all the questions...but I have another one about Ziggy Igy.:eek: I brought him home yesterday afternoon and since then he's only pecked one or two seeds and a little sweet pea... I'm getting kind of worried. I've had alot of birds and they all eat by now, I'm just not sure if he doesn't like the seed or pellet mix. I tried veggies, even millet. Also, I know babies sleep more that adults but anytime he's awake he is either preening or trying to play with my jewlery...Any advice? What should I do about feedings and is it ok that's like that right now? Am I just paranoid?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
poor Ziggy he has been through so much, maybe he just needs a day or two to adjust, he does seem young do you think maybe he has regressed with his eating I have heard that sometimes after they go to there new homes they can regress with there eating even though they were already weaned is he doing the static begging for food cry? Ollie regressed a little bit when I brought him home I had to supplement for a few days.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that too Laura. I guess I was a little impatient- after one of his many naps he ate some sweetpeas, corn, and seeds. Also, drank two nice gulps of water. I feel so much better.:)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had birds not eat much for about 48hrs before. ;) Glad Ziggy is eating more now.
Oh, boy...I really did speak too soon. He ate really good tonight. He had some of the seeds, the pellets (which I had to soak since they were too hard for him), sweet peas and some corn. Then he used my shirt to wipe it all up! :eek::p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Then he used my shirt to wipe it all up! :eek::p
Being used as a serviette is the greatest isn't it? :rolleyes: When i first got Bailee i had real trouble with him not eating and i had to hand rear him for a bit - he thought i made a good face wipe too. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts