Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here it goes :p As I said before I had a problem with the quarantine between Hollie and Ollie so I figured well seeing as they already met no sense in worrying about the quarantine on them, I noticed that they seem to be really good with each other she is the only female that doesn't hiss or try and run Ollie off they haven't been really close preening each other or anything like that till today I was downstairs doing laundry and I get a call and go up and Ian says that Hollie was sitting quietly by herself and Ollie came over and started singing to her, ringing the phone etc etc then he started preening her around the face, then I guess he jumped on top of her and I will assume started mating with her :eek: Ian quickly went over and took her away from him but now I am worried he will try this all the time, I knew I would have to worry about that happening some day but already :rolleyes: for one she is to young for that and really so is he in my eyes anyways...lol I was so not expecting this so soon from him.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh dear! :eek: OLLIE!!! He should know better...:rolleyes: She's too young Ollie! She sounds like she likes him too or just didn't know any better...most likely she likes him since she didn't mind a ringing phone in her ear... I would say house them seperatly but what about when they are out and about...hmmm...Hopefully he didn't do it properly...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Oh Oh :rolleyes: Looks like they are very close after all :) At least you know Hollie is a female :D
They must have got on from the start, but I guess they are going to be at it again sometime again soon:eek: But she is too young Ollie you naughty boy :D LOL!!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh dear! :eek: OLLIE!!! He should know better...:rolleyes: She's too young Ollie! She sounds like she likes him too or just didn't know any better...most likely she likes him since she didn't mind a ringing phone in her ear... I would say house them seperatly but what about when they are out and about...hmmm...Hopefully he didn't do it properly...
they are not housed together I have her alone this happened outside of the cage :eek:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I know...it's gonna be tough since you can't really keep her inside while he is out or visa versa..well, you could but...thinking...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now is he going to go after Minnie or Georgie, well maybe not Georgie she might rip his face off...lol I might have to lock that boy up away from my little girls.....:p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh Laura..your little boy is growing up. I on the other hand can't wait to see Ziggy mating with Baby.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I think they can produce eggs from any age, but i'm not sure. One mating usually won't result in an egg though. :) I guess just make sure someone is always supervising them when they're out so that you can step in before they start mating again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts