Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I don't know if this is natural or not. When Dooby and Daisy are out flying they are fine, but when they are in the cage, they can't pass each other without one biting the other. This morning Dooby had Daisy in the corner at the bottom of the cage and he was going for her with his beak. She screamed and went back for him. Now, I know they will have their little skirmishes, I don't expect peace and harmony all the time, but they have been together for two weeks now and it seems that they are still niggling at each other whenever they are close. Even outside the cage they can't get too close to each other without a tail being pulled. Is this normal? Are they still getting used to each other? Are they ok to be kept in the cage together? Should I have toast for breakfast?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
My budgies have been a trio for over a year and not a day passes without a few little squabbles. :p The tiels have their disagreements too! As long as there isn't any serious grabbing and biting i'm sure Daisy and Dooby are just being typical siblings! :lol:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was hoping you would say Bea, they are getting along really well most of the time, it's just the odd little to do!! Daisy has found out the benefits of head scratches today, she also realises that it winds Dooby up, because whilst she is having head scratches, he can't be having his tickle tickle! LOL!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Daisy has found out the benefits of head scratches today, she also realises that it winds Dooby up, because whilst she is having head scratches, he can't be having his tickle tickle! LOL!
Bailee gets smoochy if he sees me giving someone else a head scratch. It's funny, because at the moment he doesn't want a thing to do with cuddles, unless someone else is getting them and he's not. Very jealous boy i've got here!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plukie,

How was the toast? :p
The toast was fine thank you, just how I like it, burnt and cold with butter, yum yum.

Sounds like normal squabbles to me aswell. I hope you had some jam on that toast :p

Eeeewww no, no jam on my toast, just butter. I like Marmite though, but I don't have any at the moment. lol

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Alright I know others are thinking it so I am just going to say it, What the heck is a Marmite or a vegemite :eek::p

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I had marmite crisps once (chips) Marmite is a yeast extract. I got the chips at a store that sells all kinds of things from England. Vegemite I have not heard of until now :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright I know others are thinking it so I am just going to say it, What the heck is a Marmite or a vegemite :eek::p
Well a Marmite is a nasty little mite that burrows into your Mar, once it is in there it sets up home, brings in all it's family and has a party.

A Vegemite, is the same sort of thing really but more sedate, a mite will burrow into your Vege but it lives a solitary, sedate sort of life.

It's like Bea said, Marmite is Vegemite gone wrong!!

;):p:p:p:p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Just make sure if you do try vegemite you put a thin scraping on your bread, it's not meant to be eaten thick and most people try it that way and claim they hate it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I heard that Vegemite is like American peanut butter. But I don't know if thats true. I haven't ever heard of marmite though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts