Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. What exactly is Karma? And how does it work?

2. How do I double quote in a reply post? For example, if I am replying to two different members in one post, how do I separately quote each of them?

3. There is a little green square beneath the number of posts each member has and when I hover over it, it says: willowvalley is on a distinguished road. What IS that?

4. Is there any kind of alert system that will tell me when someone replies to my posts, other than getting notifications through my email?

:D I think that's it. For now.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I can partially answer no.4
If you want to be alerted for each post, message etc. I think the only way is to have an app on your mobile that reads the forum, keeps trace of threads you started or replied to, and knows if you have subscriptions.
I use Tapatalk but there are other options too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... Ok, thank you for that info. I don't have a smart phone, so I guess I will be relying on my email notifications.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
1. What exactly is Karma? And how does it work?
Karma is basically a thank you button that you give to a memer when they helped you out, if you look at the last post in the forum rules they will explain the rules and what it's for more in depth
2. How do I double quote in a reply post? For example, if I am replying to two different members in one post, how do I separately quote each of them?
If you look on the bottom right of each persons posts you will see a paper with a feather, if you click that on the posts you want to quote it will turn red, then you click post reply and the quotes you clicked on will show up
3. There is a little green square beneath the number of posts each member has and when I hover over it, it says: willowvalley is on a distinguished road. What IS that?
I think that has something to do with karma, I'm not sure yet
4. Is there any kind of alert system that will tell me when someone replies to my posts, other than getting notifications through my email?
Besides for email you can you to my TC located on your badge in the top right once you click on it, it will give you options click the first option which is my user control panel
Once your their if you look at the left you will see edit options, if you click on that then it will take you to a page where you can subscribe threads which you can find if you look on the top left it will say, my user cp- if you click that it would give you a list of threads that have been updated after your last visit

Or you can click on my TC on your bags then click 'my threads' and if they have been updated they will go bold

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The distinguished road is indeed about karma. If you look on Talk Budgies, you'll see that the green bars go up and the saying changes with the amount of karma you have. But here on TC we don't use karma enough for that :p

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Amz and Baruch you are a well of knowledge!
How do I know how much karma another member has? I can see mine but not other members'.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Amz and Baruch you are a well of knowledge!
How do I know how much karma another member has? I can see mine but not other members'.
The exact karma of another user is private, I think. The only way of knowing the general amount is by looking at those green bars on their profiles. The more bars they have, the higher amount of karma they can give, when they choose to give it to someone.

But no one is past a single bar yet, so we all give 2 points per, well, giving lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haimovfids and Amz, thank you so much for the info!!! :love:

I tried the quote thing, it didn't work. :confused: *shrugs* Oh well.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I might start giving karma points. But I would have liked a hundred times more if we had a LIKE button.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Oops, did I say the bottom right where the paper and feather is? I'm sorry
I meant the paper with the quote sign on it(it's right next to the feather and paper)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Haimovfids and Amz, thank you so much for the info!!! :love:

I tried the quote thing, it didn't work. :confused: *shrugs* Oh well.
Not sure if you're on a computer or not... But I open a new page using the "quote" button with each post I want to quote. Then I copy each one and paste it into a single post. Hopefully that makes sense. It's the long way but it works. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might start giving karma points. But I would have liked a hundred times more if we had a LIKE button.

Haha! ME TOO!! I like the Karma idea, but it seems we can get in trouble if we use it too much? Or am I just reading that into the information?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Oops, did I say the bottom right where the paper and feather is? I'm sorry
I meant the paper with the quote sign on it(it's right next to the feather and paper)
:D It's ok! I figured it out and it's WORKING! Yay!

Not sure if you're on a computer or not... But I open a new page using the "quote" button with each post I want to quote. Then I copy each one and paste it into a single post. Hopefully that makes sense. It's the long way but it works. :)
Thank you, thank you! I got it figured out!

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you look on the bottom right of each persons posts you will see a paper with a feather, if you click that on the posts you want to quote it will turn red, then you click post reply and the quotes you clicked on will show up
That didn't work for me - the only button that turns red when you click on it is the button in the with the Quotation marks on it. The quote button with the feather puts the whole post in quotes and the other button with a feather produces a quick reply box. Maybe I'm doing all that wrong?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That didn't work for me - the only button that turns red when you click on it is the button in the with the Quotation marks on it. The quote button with the feather puts the whole post in quotes and the other button with a feather produces a quick reply box. Maybe I'm doing all that wrong?

If you click on the button with the Quotation marks, it will turn red, then click on Post Reply and it will take you to a new page with the other member's text in quotation, you just reply below that. :D Then click Submit Reply down below.

You did it right when you quoted them above. ;)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I know, if you look on the too of the second page you will see that I realized that I made a mistake but I fixed it
Sorry for the inconvenience

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Doing fine. But to start your own thread, go to the "Cockatiel Forums" tab under the main logo, select the category to which your post involves and click the "New Thread" button :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts