Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you may know, I have been away from "talk cockatiels" for awhile and have recently returned. I see this website is NOTHING like it use to be! Many people don't even get answers to there questions and the whole atmosphere just isn't that friendly anymore. With that said, are there ANY members on here that would just like to correspond and swap pictures and bird stories about there birds? I have been seriously into tiels for almost 4 years. I currently have six and am making plans to purchase a seventh in a few weeks. If anybody would like to correspond directly, My e-mail address is [email protected].:grey tiel:

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Another alternative is for people to step up to the plate and make the group more active by answering questions and socializing right here. The previous admins left because the group became so automated that they didn't really have a function here any more, and I can tell you from experience that trying to answer everyone's questions will burn you out after a while. I'm sure that a lot of people have gone to Facebook too, because picture-swapping really works better there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah......I've tried that stepping up to the plate deal countless times and have gotten luke warm response at best. What's REALLY depressing is proudly posting a picture of your new bird on here and getting NO response!

Bottom line is, I love cockatiels with all my heart, It's the human side I'm becoming fed up with!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Unless it's something I have first hand experience with I'm kind of nervous about answering questions that are health related. Most behavior questions can be googled.

Was MIA myself for at least two years and the site is pretty slow I admit. Raising birds isn't really the center of my universe anymore though. I get your enthusiasm and I'm glad this still a point of interest. Someday I may get involved again I just don't have time for that in my life right now. I sat back one day and wondered how the old site was and here I am. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use avian avenue nowadays. It’s more active and the members are very informative :) I try to help people sometimes on Facebook, but sadly most of the posts I see in Facebook groups are heartbreaking.. cages too small, abandoned birds, sick bird photos.. and most not listening to guidance or suggestions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your response guys! At least it's a start in the right direction. I even joined the National Cockatiel Society when this site seemed dead as a door nail. That was a big mistake.....unless your a major fan of Facebook (which I'm not.) I guess I'm just looking for correspondence with others that have and love these birds.:wf cinnamon:

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Most of the people on NCS are show breeders, and aren't particularly inclined to ooh and aah over pictures of pets. You might be happier with a Facebook group aimed at pet owners, and there are bound to be some that specialize in cockatiels. I agree that Facebook sucks, but it's where most of the action is nowadays.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I just joined this site, and I appreciated your positive feedback on my first post, Robert. I am hoping to learn more about this species and share experiences. I was very active on TalkBudgies years ago, but that site isn't quite what it used to be either. I will try to do my part to help those I can on this site using my budgie knowledge and see how it goes for a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts