As I can't do it for myself
Will you take the steps needed
Or just put me on the shelf?
So when you walk by me
Please look me in the eye
If it would come down to it
Woud I live or would I die?

Author Unknown

I saw this on another forum and had to post. I was almost in tears.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Makes me feel really bad because we do not have a avian vet here. I'd spend all the money in the world on my babies. Lets hope my bunch stay well until i can move out and live closer to a vet.
thats hard when you don't have one close by, I feel the same way about mine.

·
Banned
105 Posts
That is really sweet. I hate it when people get a budgie or something and think its just a 'garbage' pet because it's so cheap. And think they can do anything they want to it, and if something happens then who cares its only like 20 bucks down the drain.
I hate it when people think like that.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That is really sweet. I hate it when people get a budgie or something and think its just a 'garbage' pet because it's so cheap. And think they can do anything they want to it, and if something happens then who cares its only like 20 bucks down the drain.
I hate it when people think like that.
I agree!!! 110%!!! Just the other day my mom's neighbor let their budgie go free...I am sure he didn't make it. It's so dam stupid!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
remember I posted about it on TB...I have no idea why- my mom tried to catch it but it didn't work and she hasn't seen it in a few days...
oh sorry...lol did I reply to the post and forgot or did I miss it, wouldn't be the first time I missed somthing :eek: silly me:p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
My dad very much thinks that vet bills are wasted on a $20 bird. Good thing he has me to tell him differently. ;) I only recently found an avian vet, he's about a 30min drive from our house but he's really good. I feel a lot better knowing that we have a good vet if ever the birds get sick. He's already seen Bailee for a well-bird check when i first bought him home. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lea just had her well bird check, it cost $130 and well worth every single cent :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well from what i can see there is no avian vet only one who knows a little about bird but doesn't really want to treat them.
That's such a shame. :( For quite a while i had no idea there was an avian vet in Canberra, and i would always get stressed to think of a bird getting sick in the aviary or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts