Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

8 yr old gray Crop is Puffing in and out

565 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cockatiels4life 
#1 ·
Dear Friends,

My female Cockatiel's crop is moving in and out. Sometimes her breathing seems like she is struggling.

She had a French Fry a few days ago and the next day this started to happen. She has been on and off antibiotics for months now.
It's Sunday and can't reach her vet or any other. She is not struggling but I am concerned that this puffing in and out of her crop area happens. She seems to stop if I try and touch her (she is Mama's little baby not mine - I am her butler lol). We do have sone antibiotics left Enrofloxacin. It's like Baytril. I took her off of it because it wasn't helping her breathing problem. She got better within a couple days of being off the meds.

Doers anyone know why her crop would be moving in and out occasionally (with every breath)?

Thank you with all my heart

#2 ·
Dear Friends,

My female Cockatiel's crop is moving in and out. Sometimes her breathing seems like she is struggling.

She had a French Fry a few days ago and the next day this started to happen. She has been on and off antibiotics for months now.
It's Sunday and can't reach her vet or any other. She is not struggling but I am concerned that this puffing in and out of her crop area happens. She seems to stop if I try and touch her (she is Mama's little baby not mine - I am her butler lol). We do have some antibiotics left Enrofloxacin. It's like Baytril. I took her off of it because it wasn't helping her breathing problem. She got better within a couple of days of being off the meds.

Does anyone know why her crop would be moving in and out occasionally (with every breath)?

Thank you with all my heart
Hi As you get this you probably have her to the vet she needs the crop flushed out < I had my female on anti biotics after treating her I give her Probiotics acidophilus any brand as long as they not too cheap to replenish .the Flora in her intestines really! online Wallmart or Petco Amazon Flush that Crop out good Flush that Crop out good ..

#3 ·
Hi As you get this you probably have her to the vet she needs the crop flushed out < I had my female on anti biotics after treating her I give her Probiotics acidophilus any brand as long as they not too cheap to replenish .the Flora in her intestines really! online Wallmart or Petco Amazon Flush that Crop out good..
also be careful with anti biotics there are broad spectrum and others are targeted for the specific ailment

#6 ·
It's Sunday and can't contact her vet or some other. She isn't battling yet I'm worried that this puffing all through her yield region occurs. She appears to stop assuming that I attempt and contact her (she is Mother's little child not mine - I'm her head servant haha). We truly do have sone anti-toxins left Enrofloxacin. It's like Baytril. I removed her from it since it wasn't helping her breathing issue. She got better two or three days of being off the drugs.

#7 ·
We have a lot in common with the little loves. I am pretty sure our BooBoo has developed a food allergy to starch and/or gluten. Strange how when we took them off the Baytril that they got better. I have been giving BooBoo CDS water to drink which seems to help clear out the congestion caused by the French fry and Baytril.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.