Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My two cockatiels recently had eggs and we were excited. Everything seemed great and my birds layed on top of their eggs but once they finally hatched my birds got scared and hissed at it. I saw in YouTube that this is normal and after a while they get used to it but mine never did. I left it for 4 hours and they stood at the right of the cage the entire time and when I brought them near it they would fly or step on it. So I decided to start hand feeding them. We’ve have 4 but only one has survived and one hatched this after noon.
My 3 week old baby has been doing great from what I’ve seen but it can’t lift its head up and it’s legs are straight and pointed in the opposite direction?And it has been growing very slow compared to what I’ve seen. It’s barley opening it’s eyes but not even a centimeter has opened. Should I be concerned? Please and thank you

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
This is not normal. The baby should be able to lift its head at this age. It sounds like it has splay leg too, which can be corrected if you act quickly. It would be best to see a vet to find out why the baby isn't developing properly, and also to get their help with fixing the legs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts