Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Normal grey split to pied
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Water Wood Gas Glass
My about 7 months molting probably male cockatiel,luka only drank THIS LITTLE for 3 whole days, i know i should have replaced the water by now but i didnt because i wanted to see how much he drinks. He is on an all-seed diet (sometimes eats millet sprouts) but he doesnt have sunflower seeds alot but only as a treat as it gives him diarrhea (if he ate alot but in the last week he hadnt eaten any) its very hot in my apartment so i take him out of my fan-free room to my living room that has 1 fan so he could cool down, he eats normally but a little less than normal,poop is good,active, and a little silent. Please help me find way to treat him. Dont tell me go to the vets as the vets here are a final solution because they are very inexperienced

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Cockatiels are basically desert birds who are adapted to surviving with small amounts of water. To me, that looks like a good amount of water for a bird that only weighs about 3 ounces.If he is eating sprouts then he is getting water from that too. If you want him to consume more water, you can give him more sprouts! If he will eat vegetables or fruit he'll get some moisture from that too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cockatiels are basically desert birds who are adapted to surviving with small amounts of water. To me, that looks like a good amount of water for a bird that only weighs about 3 ounces.If he is eating sprouts then he is getting water from that too. If you want him to consume more water, you can give him more sprouts! If he will eat vegetables or fruit he'll get some moisture from that too.
I gave him cooked sweet potatoes and well cooked white rice but his poop turned white so I stopped,his poop is now normal. He didn’t eat sprouts.i know they are desert birds but he used to finish the bottle in 2 days,maximum in 3 days it would be empty but now, it still didn’t reach its quarter since I posted this post with 3 days till now

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Notice I said he only drank that much in 3 days and I see no difference till today, I will sprout him millet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts