Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a question. Our eldest cockatiel is 22 and is suffering from an Upper Respiratory infection. He was prescribed .6 of Enrofloaxcin twice a day. We took him in last Saturday and have seen a SMALL improvement. I was wondering if there is a certain amount of time as to when he will be fully recovered. (I know tough to answer). I'm just wondering if any of you have had this experience with your cockatiels and if so what were the signs of them getting better and how long did it take? We are new Cockatiel owners, we took these two babies in because a family member could no longer care for them, we are also parakeet owners.

Best,
-Diana:pied:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear your elderly cockatiel is having health issues. Unfortunately I can't answer your questions as recovery time is unique for every bird and I don't have any experience with respiratory infections. It's a really positive sign that he's made some improvement though, however small. I hope he continues to improve and best wishes to him and your flock. Please keep us updated about him and let us know how he's doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts