Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two male cockatiels that are just under 4 months and have been offered a baby female. Can they live in peace? My two boys are pretty bonded but as they are young i'm sure they wouldn't mind. My worry is when they mature would they fight over her? I wouldn't get her if thats the case. They would all be pets, not for breeding, but there are no problems with my boys now and i don't want any either :confused:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Eh...personally I would never do it because no matter how you twist it, there's always a possibility that they will fight over her. You don't want to see your two boys turn to sworn enemies over a girl...:D Or if you're gonna do it, make sure you turn it into a reality show so we can all follow the drama. You can call it "Tiel Triangle"!

I'm just kidding. :p Seriously though, I don't think it's a good idea but that's just me. ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would not reccomend it. Currently I have 4 boys and 2 girls in a cage together. The girl are part of bonded pairs, but the single boys still flirt with them. There have not been any real fights so I've been lucky. I personally plan on finding mates for my 2 singles boys tho, so it won't be like that forever. Even if they don't find if one of the boys bonds with the female, they may be less bonded to each other then, and one may get more lonely.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I probably wouldn't do it. If the 2 males are bonded then the female could end up as the odd man out or she could cause tension between the males. The only way that I would do it would be to keep her in a separate cage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all of the advice, i really appreciate it! it looks like i won't be getting her then. I would love a girl but i'm not willing to risk the relationship my boys have with each other and me =) and they're brothers who get along.. you don't see that happen much lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts