Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Girl Honi just laid her first egg! This is particularly exciting for me because I raised her, and she is the only baby I have kept back. Her babies will be my first 2nd Gen babies! My other pair is also on eggs and I intend to make a pair from these two clutches. The other pair are both normal greys, but Honi and her mate Malkier should be exciting! They are as follows;
Hen: Doninant Silver White face Ino/pied (possibly split pastel face possibly split recessive silver)

Cock: Grey/Pearl/white face/pied

I'm very excited for these babies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Exciting!! Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I'm tempted to keep back one of the cocks from my next breeding of Sideswipe and Firestorm to pair with StrongArm. It's so exciting having a second generation bird to add to the family :D

Thanks for the pix! And good luck!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Breeding and genetics is always so much fun. I found genetics to be fascinating when I was breeding tiels. The things your birds could be split to are numerous. Have you tried out the genetic calculator yet to see what chance you have of getting what?

As to your normal grey pair, are they split to anything? I only ask because having a grey pair that only throws greys is so uncommon nowadays. Breeders are actually having a hard time finding normal greys with NO splits!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes I have used the genetics calculator, I use an app called Cockatiel Color Palette which I really like I wish they had in Indian ringneck a version, or a parrots at larger version, since Indian ringnecks are my focus. My normal gray pair has never produced anything but grays without any indication of splits. The mother of the hen was supposedly split Whiteface pied, however i do not see any indication of split to Whiteface. The same holds true for all of her siblings, the only non-normal sibling of hers that I have seen was pearl. The male comes from to normal gray parents, and even though I never saw the parents, I have seen several of his siblings, and none of them appear to have any splits either. None of the siblings of either hen or cock have produced anything other than what appears to be your normal gray babies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts