Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this isnt an emergency but it could turn into one im not to sure. It is my first Cockatiel, and he is 14 weeks old, the issue?
My baby, Rain, does NOT eat the seed i have for him in the food dish, he will only eat Millet (I also feed him apples and sometimes the odd noodle lol) and im just worried that he wont eat his seed?
He was hand-raised and such, and doesn't like going on the bottom of his cage,(I got advice from the breeder to place some seed on the floor and he didnt even notice it)
Ive also tried 2 types of seed with him
(Also the breeder I got him from weened him on millet sprays, that might have contributed to the problem)

Any help will be apperciated
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Your new baby is gorgeous! :love:

Maybe try offering seeds by hand? Make calm yet excited chatter about how good it is and how much he will like it. Somehow making things seem exciting gets them more curious. Or maybe sprinkle millet over the top of other seeds and he might accidentally try them.

Joey will try new things more willingly when I hand feed them to him first, as treats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also
Ive tried both of those ideas to no prevail, with the millet sprinkled over it he will eat the millet and nothing else (Avoid to the extreme)
He just doesnt want the seeds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts