Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm super glad you're happy, Panda, but do you really have to sit on my shoulder and grind your beak right in my ear?!?!?!

:wacko::wacko::wf pied:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I love that beak grinding sound XD I click my tongue back at mine when they do that, and they get all fluffy and happy

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I love that sound. I don't like squeakies in my ear though. The way mine do it is not cute :hmm:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
It bugs me too. Like, I'm glad they're happy but it kinda sounds like nails on a chalkboard!
Before I knew it meant they are happy it drove me bats. I don't do well with humans grinding their teeth, or grindy noises. But somehow, finding out it meant they are happy made it all okay.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'm super glad you're happy, Panda, but do you really have to sit on my shoulder and grind your beak right in my ear?!?!?!

:wacko::wacko::wf pied:
I would MUCH rather that grinding than my conure who sits on my shoulder letting out little shrill squeals every now and then... OUCH!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I actually love that sound, but sometimes when he is extremely happy it is really deafening when he is sitting on my shoulder!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to like it because it made me happy to know the birds are happy, but the enjoyment wore off really quickly LOL.

J

·
0 Posts
If you smell their beaks right after they finished grinding... it smells like something is burning!

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I don't smell burning on my birds. Beaker won't beak grind near me, but he'll do it on my lap. Jaid is the one who will do everything close to me. I love the smell of his breath :p

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It took me for freaking EVER for me to get used to the beak grinding. Now I do it, too, when I'm with the birds. More often than not I tongue wiggle and they do it right back or stare at me very intently. Super cute :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
When Percy beak-grinds I think how much it's going to hurt the next time he lets me have it for annoying him :)

Actually I'm just jealous because my own high maintenance beak has cost me a fortune over the years and will never be in as good shape as his.....

I was told the grinding I (supposedly) do with my teeth in my sleep hasn't been good for me either.

But really, the beak grinding, eyes blinking, and one foot up means a content birdie and I'm happy for him :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Today is one of those days... He just won't stop grinding his beak right into my ear. :)

J

·
0 Posts
I love beak grinding but there is nothing I love more they when preen. I love it when my tiel is sitting on my shoulder or thigh and preening... I like the sound sound it makes as they preen their tail and you can hear the "swipe!" "swipe!" as they preen each tail feather... when they pull the feather and it snaps back into place.

That is as relaxing as beak grinding as is being able to sniff my tiel as he stretches LOL :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts