Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am going away for a few days, so this morning I took my boy to a breeder who will take care of him. But when I came home and didn't hear him scream/greet me as usual I felt so bad and now I am close to tears.
What do these fids do to us that we cannot live without them? :(:(
I miss you, boy, and can't wait to come back to cuddle you. :love:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Awww, hugs to you! I think it is their unconditional love and adorable ways that does it. You will soon be reunited with him and he will be as happy to see you as you are to see him. :love:

We head out November 25 for our vacation, and I have already been fretting for weeks about being away from my boy for 17 days. He will be in his own home, with his grandma, so he will be fine (and spoiled), but I am going to miss him like crazy.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
It will be over sooner than you think. Maybe take some photos with you so you can look at him while you're away. I had my mother take a video when I was away and it almost made my cry. We all love our birds, and their reaction when they see you again is just perfect. It'll be ok :flowers:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, TamaMoo and CaliTiels. Oh, I always have his photo in my wallet. :) I also have his framed photo on my piano.
It is such a weird feeling when I leave the room for example. Usually he screams because he wants me back. This silence is creepy!
I am going on holiday with a cockatiel toy I can hug thinking of my boy. :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) I am always thinking of him, so if I find something I think he likes I definitely will! :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, force of habit! I went to the other room (where he usually sleeps) and automatically tried not to make too much noise. LOL
Oh, I found another shredded book... :( But I forgive him. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I completely get this, littletiel! I hate leaving Murray too. They want to be by our sides all of the time and after a while we start thinking like they do! Hugs x

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's understandable. We get so attached to those little creatures. And it's not like we can take them with us everywhere. But think of how amazing it will be to come home to him again. :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are reunited. :) :love:
He recognizes everything (his favourite spots in my room etc.) and is doing the same naughty things he used to do.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, he protests even more than before when I leave the room! I guess he is afraid I don't come back...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
He also loves zippers, which can be problematic because once a zipper is gone practically you whole jacket is ruined. I bought him a zipper to play with, but he prefers the ones sewed to my jackets. :(

Edit: Ooops, this was supposed to be in the Destruct-O Tiels thread....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has been kissing me all day. He was so happy to see me again. I love him so much. :love::love::love:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reunions are so sweet!
Yes, when you notice how happy they are to see you again it is really uplifting. :) They are so small, but so sweet and full of love. And they also have a wonderful memory. He remembers where his toys are etc. etc. Cockatiels are a miniature wonder of nature!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yes, when you notice how happy they are to see you again it is really uplifting. :) They are so small, but so sweet and full of love. And they also have a wonderful memory. He remembers where his toys are etc. etc. Cockatiels are a miniature wonder of nature!
Yes they are! When we moved at the end of April, Joey was a bit bewildered by all the comings and goings, watching things leaving the apartment. We left him at the 'old' apartment until the last load that was coming here. After bringing him here, we had to go back to the 'old' place to load up dad's truck and trailer with things we were giving away and the things we needed to store in his basement. Then we took mom, dad and my brother out to dinner to thank them for the help. When we got back here and Joey saw us, the mix of joy and relief on his little face was so endearing. I can imagine the whole day was rough on him, but to be plunked down in a strange place with the chaos of all the boxes (although we tried to keep as many as possible out of the living room), then abandoned by your people must have been traumatic for the poor lad.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
abandoned by your people must have been traumatic for the poor lad.
Same here. The breeder did not tell me what happened, but initially she said he would stay outside in the aviary with other birds she is boarding (although not in the same cage), but when I picked him up she said she had to put him back in his cage and take him inside.
I assume he was crying outside... :( Poor baby. Suddenly he didn't see me any more nor anything he is used to. Luckily the breeder had a heart. I was so worried!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts